Thursday, August 4, 2016

DNA Test Results

When Ancestry.Com came out with the DNA testing, I was all over it. I got one within the first year of them offering the test. It was really easy to do but the waiting for the results was tough.

Here are my results:



Both my mother's parents are from Ireland and not much outside influence in her lines going back about 200 years so I can assume that almost 50% of my Irish is from her. That leaves the question on the other amounts. One really confusing one is the 5%  Italy/Greece Region which wasn't the only shock. I was also surprised that there is such a large Scandinavian percentage and really low amounts of French.


Though the border and nomadic movement of people throughout Europe probably explains a lot, but it is very interesting that a girl who would have said her origins were French and Irish, learns that her French half is much more mixed than it is one thing.

Just a week ago, my father submitted his test (so didn't my husband but that's another story). I am hoping that with his results I can figure out just where to look for more clues.

No comments:

Post a Comment