Saturday, July 9, 2016

Paternal Surnames - Mullen & Boulay

Before I started doing my family genealogy, I never really thought of how each generation back you gain double the amount of surnames that you had with the previous one.


Building out your tree to include cousins also helps you learn more things about your own family. In that regards, I have been working on the entire Van Kleek (Van Kleeck, Van Cleef, Van Cleave) tree to try to figure out where Peter Mullen's family came from originally. Not much luck so far but in doing so I have found some pretty fascinating stories of which I'll share throughout this blog.

These are just the surnames I have verified though my paternal lines as of 7/8/2016. I will continue to update list as I get more verification.

MULLEN: McQuarrie, Foster, Marr, Sabean, Northrup, Grant, Charlton, Jinking, Lowe, Van Kleek, Lavalee, Crane, Gray, Beardsley, Van de Bogart, ter Bosch, Buys

BOULAY: Bouchard, Doucet, O'Hare, Levesque, Lizotte, Guitard, Haggarty, Boissoneault, Proulx, Gagnon, Mirelle, Pitre, Hache, Abbott, Pritchard



No comments:

Post a Comment