Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Dad's 64 by Name Origin

So one of the exercises they suggest you do after getting DNA done is to list out 4X Great Grandparents and where they are from. I am working on that using my Dad's DNA since I don't have much on my mom and know she is basically 95% Irish with a little bit of that Basque DNA in her.

Going out 6 generations gives you 64 grandparents and each of those should make up approximately 1.56% of your DNA. (That rounds it to 99.84% so added a little bit to the larger categories to round up to 100% total.)

I don't have everybody yet, so there will be a percentage of Unknown but here is what I have so far, first in list form then a pie chart. Also a pie chart separating Mullen and Boulay.


Paul Mullen's 64 4x Great Grandparents by Origin of Surname


Paul Mullen's 32 4x Mullen Great Grandparents by Origin of Surname
(this is an estimate of the DNA Paul got from his father Harry Melvin Mullen)


Paul Mullen's 32 4x Boulay Great Grandparents by Origin of Surname
(this is an estimate of DNA Paul got from his mother, Doris Boulay)



No comments:

Post a Comment